Dawn Dubruiel is an instructional designer at Lynn University, an award-winning filmmaker and author, and an iBooks Author Certified Professional with Distinction. She holds master’s degrees in both educational leadership and digital media and is passionate about the Renaissance of Florence, Italy, as well as the neo-renaissance of technology, which she has combined with her love of humanities and travel to create The Medici Renaissance in Florence, The Five Treasures of Florida, Your Key to Paris: A Guide to Unlocking Adventure, and My Epic California Adventure: A Travel Journal.
She has taught LYNN 101 – FIRST YEAR SEMINAR, DJCP 100 – CITIZENSHIP PROJECT, GSR 501 – GRADUATE ORIENTATION SEMINAR, COM 255 – FILM AND VIDEO EDITING, and COM 215 – WRITING FOR PERFORMANCE for Lynn University. Certified by Quality Matters for both course review and design, she is also recognized by Apple as an Apple Teacher. A featured Speaker at Digital Book World 2018 in Nashville, she also earned the front page of University Business in June, 2019 for her instructional video expertise. She also earned her Instructional Design Mastery Series certificate from the Online Learning Consortium.
The Salt Life encompasses her personal philosophy: “There is nothing that salt water cannot cure (sweat, tears, or the sea).” She works hard every day to realize her dreams of merging the adventures of the Salt Life with the comforts and happiness in La Dolce Vita. Her family and friends mean the world to her.
- Featured on the front page of University Business in June, 2019
- Speaker at Digital Book World, 2018
- 2017 iBA Award: Best Book of the Year, Exhibit or Event Companion 2017 – The Five Treasures of Florida
- 2016 iBA Award: Best Book of the Year in Educational History (2016 finalist) – The Medici Renaissance in Florence
- Apple Certified Teacher 2016
- Certified iBooks Author Professional with Distinction
- 1st Place Winner | Toastmaster’s Table Topics Dec. 2013: That Christmas-y Feeling | Office Depot Corporate Headquarters
- 2nd Place Winner | Toastmaster’s Table Topics Nov. 2013: Life Lessons | Office Depot Corporate Headquarters
- 1st Place Winner | Lavazza’s International competition The Italian Experience 2013 (free trip to Italy; Whoo Hoo!)
- Best Documentary | Palm Beach International Film Festival Voices in Local Film 2012 – Girl’s Guide to Travel in Paris
- Nominated for New Times Mastermind Award in 2009, and again in 2010
- 1st Place Winner | Florida Atlantic University’s Student Services video competition 2010
- 1st Place Winner | City Link Magazine: Best Art, Music, Film, event in South Florida 2009
- 1st Place Winner | ArtServe’s Red Eye Film Competition 2008 – The Chainletter