“Nobody cares how much you know, until they know how much you care.” ~ Theodore Roosevelt
Dawn Dubruiel is an instructional designer; an award-winning filmmaker and author; and creator of learning and development materials within corporate and academic environments. She excels in filmmaking and video production as well as building learning materials and course curriculum from inception to fruition using enriched best practices, empathy for the learners, and human-centered language combined with sleek digital media.
She holds master’s degrees in both educational leadership and digital media, and is pursuing her doctoral degree in adult and community education with a specialization in workplace learning and technology.
Dubruiel was a featured presenter at the national Digital Book World conference in 2018 and made the front page of University Business’s June 2019 issue for her “instruction production” video expertise. She is passionate about the Renaissance of Florence and Apple technology, which she combined with her love of humanities and travel to create five Apple books.
She is certified by Quality Matters for course design and is recognized as an Apple Teacher. In 2019, she earned her Instructional Design Mastery Series certificate from the Online Learning Consortium. She is passionate about the Renaissance of Florence and Apple’s technology, which she combined with her love of humanities and travel to create numerous media-rich Apple books: The Medici Renaissance in Florence, The Five Treasures of Florida, Your Key to Paris: A Guide to Unlocking Adventure, and My Epic California Adventure: A Travel Journal.
– Learning and Development in both corporate and academic environments
– Collaboration with subject matter experts and faculty to create learning materials from concept to completion
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills
– Course creation for both synchronous and asynchronous delivery, grounded in adult learning theory, built using appropriate instructional design models
– Work to anchor learning outcomes to real-world job skills
– Design Thinking with empathy for the learners
– Forward-thinker in planning, organization, and self-management
– Exceptional interpersonal skills
– Professional video production through all stages
– Multi-touch book creation using Apple’s iBooks Author and Pages
– Adobe’s Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, InDesign, and Acrobat
– Techsmith’s Camtasia and Snagit
– VYOND animation studio
– Teaches the following courses: First Year Seminar; Citizenship Project; Graduate Orientation Seminar; Scriptwriting; Video Editing; The Renaissance in Florence, Italy; Film Appreciation; and Introduction to Communications/Media. Implements Apple’s Everyone Can Create (ECCr) applications and ethos into curricula.
Below are several study abroad recruitment videos she created for ScuolaToscana (in Florence, Italy) and Florida Atlantic University. She also produced hundreds of educational materials for Lynn University, which are propriety but can be seen if you enroll in one of their innovative degree programs.
Her most popular online video, How to add voice-over to your Power-Point presentation garnered over 1,060,834 Youtube views, since 2012. She created this video to enhance her job application at Palm Beach State College for the position of instructional technology trainer. Not only did she get the job, she excelled in the training field and was later recruited by Office Depot’s corporate headquarters for the role of instructional media designer within their Stores Learning & Development team. There, she produced over 45 national training videos for In-Store Associates and Leadership members (1,100 stores).
With a passion for mobile learning, she dreamed of educational materials being disseminated on iPads and published her first Multi-touch book on the Apple store in late 2013. In April 2014, she started working for an Apple Distinguished School. Her duties included designing courses using Canvas’s Learning Management System; assisting instructors with originating Multi-touch books; producing training videos for university-wide stakeholders; facilitating professional development workshops; and attending EdTech Conferences to stay abreast of the latest developments. She also played the voice and puppet-master for Lance in ABC Mouse’s Adventures of Lela series and was featured on the front page of University Business for her instructional video expertise.
Her Multi-touch books have also received recognition and awards at the iBooks Author Conference for Best Book of the Year in Educational History 2016 (finalist) and Best Book of the Year in the Exhibit or Event Companion category 2017 (winner).